10 Gratitude Principles to Live By
1. Gratitude is awareness that, as things come to you, they are exactly what you need - be it people, circumstance, or challenges.
2. Worry is the opposite of gratitude; it is the failure to understand that you have been and will continue to be provided for each day.
3. Whenever fear over your future encroaches, stop to observe a tree. Consider how the tree continues to stand tall and grow throughout the various cycles and seasons of its life span.
4. Worry is an action. Gratitude is an action. Both are optional. By choosing gratitude you drive out the space and time for worry.
5. It isn’t hard to do; gratitude is simply noticing the good stuff in your life.
6. What you pay attention to, or notice, tends to expand and grow.
7. Each day brings a multitude of opportunities to feel gratitude and appreciation.
8. When you neglect the action of appreciating, you limit your potential for joy and contentment in the present moment.
9. Worry does not prevent bad things from happening; it only prevents you from accessing joy in this moment.
10. The present moment is the only place where joy and contentment can exist.
For the entire month of November, I challenge you to practice gratitude with me. It's such a simple concept, yet, too often, we forget how very important it is. Open your heart for the next 30 days. Every day before you even step your feet off of your bed, think of three things that you are grateful for. Smile and be thankful as you get out of bed and watch the miracles of gratitude unfold in front of you. I'll be sharing every single day of November at least one thing that I'm so very grateful for! Can you do the same? Then watch the miracles begin! Please share with me any great things, miracles, or transformations that have come about just by being thankful!
From me to you, Happy Thankgiving to you and yours!
Light & Love!